What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favourite apps, such as Gmail, Eagle, Office 365, and over 750 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
For Example, you may want to push all your active listings to your Facebook timeline.
To learn more about Zapier click here
What does this Zapier to Facebook integration do?
The integration will save you time and give more exposure by pushing all of your listings to your Facebook account. Simply change the status of the listing to active and your listing will appear on your timeline.
Step 1. Begin setup in Zapier
Create a Zapier account here
Make sure you are logged into your Eagle Agent account and your Zapier account.
Link Eagle To Zapier
Add Eagle to Zapier by clicking this link: https://zapier.com/platform/public-invite/2227/a591963ff00ceef54c0cfc03da56f926/
In Zapier click 'Make a zap'
On the next page, search for Webhooks and click on Webhooks by Zapier.
2. Next, under Choose Trigger Event select Catch Hook and click Continue.
3. Zapier will now give you a webhook URL which you can "Copy to clipboard".
Step 2. Create Automation in Eagle
Now in your Eagle Software you will need to create a new automation
For more information on creating Automations, click here
Tools>Automation>Add New Automation, name the automation eg Facebook Sharing.
Add trigger to automation called 'A Property Status is Changed' select ACTIVE.
Click "Add a new step", then click "Trigger a Zap!".
Paste the 'Custom Webhook URL' in the textbox and select Save
Ensure your Automation is Enabled.
Step 3. Finish setup in Zapier
Now back in Zapier click 'Continue'
1. On the next page, Click on Test & Review and a Green tick should appear on the Catch Hook icon, which means the Catch Hook has been setup correctly. Once you see the Green Tick you can click Done Editing.
2. On the Next page, Click on Do This...
Under Choose App search 'Facebook' and select Facebook Pages.
Under Choose Action Event select Create Page Post and click Continue.
3. Connect your Facebook account by clicking on Sign in to Facebook Pages. A new windows will appear in which you can login with your Facebook login details.
Upon entry to Facebook you will see the follow box, in which you should continue as the Facebook profile that owns the Facebook Page.
4. In this step, you can choose your Real Estate Facebook Page.
5. In this step Zapier will need access to both 'Manage your Pages' and 'Publish as Pages you manage'. Click Done and then click OK on the You've now linked Zapier to Facebook page.
6. You will now need to Customise Page Post
Select the correct Facebook Page
'Message' will be included above link to the property. Eg. 'New listing, check it out'
You can then add a tag in the Message by click the Plus box on the right. In the example below, we've selected the Property Headline tag which will pull the property headline from Eagle.
In Link URL needs to be yourwebsiteurl/property?property_id=Then choose Property[ID} from the list. See example in screenshot.
Note: Do not put a space between the URL and Property ID tag
Then click Continue
7. You can now test the Zap by clicking Test & Review. This will send a test post to your Facebook page which can be deleted. If that test post is successful, click Done Editing. The next page will confirm Your Zap Is Ready and you can Turn On Zap
8. Lastly, ensure your Zap is turned on. Your set up should now be complete and the next property you activate will automatically push through to your Facebook Page.
For any further assistance with this please contact our Eagle Support Team;
P: (03) 9016 0444 E: [email protected]