What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favourite apps, such as Gmail, Eagle, Office 365, and over 750 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. Move info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
For Example, you may want to push all your active listings to your Personal LinkedIn timeline.
If you want to push listings to your Company LinkedIn profile, click here
To learn more about Zapier click here
What does this Zapier to LinkedIn integration will do?
The integration will save you time and give more exposure by pushing all of your listings to your LinkedIn account. Simply change the status of the listing to active and your listing will appear on your timeline.
Step 1. Begin setup in Zapier
Create a Zapier account here
Make sure you are logged into your Eagle Agent account and your Zapier account.
In Zapier click 'Make a zap'
On the next page, search for Webhooks and click on Webhooks by Zapier.
2. Next, under Choose Trigger Event select Catch Hook and click Continue.
3. Zapier will now give you a webhook URL which you can "Copy to clipboard".
Step 2. Create Automation in Eagle
Now in your Eagle Software you will need to create a new automation
For more information on creating Automations, click here
Tools>Automation>Add New Automation, name the automation eg LinkedIn Sharing.
In the field Scope select 'This automation is just for my contact and properties'.
Click Create Automation.
Add trigger to automation called 'A Property Status is Changed' select ACTIVE.
Click "Add a new step", then click "Trigger a zap".
Paste the 'Custom Webhook URL' in the textbox.
Ensure your Automation is Enabled.
Step 3. Finish setup in Zapier
Now back in Zapier click 'Continue'
1. On the next page, Click on Test & Review and a Green tick should appear on the Catch Hook icon, which means the Catch Hook has been setup correctly. Once you see the Green Tick you can click Done Editing.
2. On the Next page, Click on Do This...
Under Choose App search 'LinkedIn' and select LinkedIn.
Under Choose Action Event, for the purpose of this article, select Create Share Update and click Continue.
3. Connect your LinkedIn account by clicking on Sign in to LinkedIn. A new windows will appear in which you can login with your LinkedIn login details. Once logged in, click on Continue on the Choose Account step.
4. You will now need to Customise Page Post. We find the below screenshot to be the best options.
In the Comment field, select the tag Property Headline.
In Visible To you can select who will be able to see your post.
We suggest Content Title is used for the Property Suburb tag.
Content Description can be left blank.
In Content Image URL you will need to select the tag Property Image 1
The Content URL needs to be yourwebsiteurl/property?property_id=Then choose Property[ID} from the list.
Then click Continue
Note: Do not put a space between the URL and Property ID tag.
5. You can now test the Zap by clicking Test & Review. This will send a test post to your LinkedIn page which can be deleted. If that test post is successful, click Done Editing. The next page will confirm Your Zap Is Ready and you can Turn On Zap.
6. Lastly, ensure your Zap is turned on. Your set up should now be complete and the next property you activate will automatically push through to your LinkedIn page.
For any further assistance with this please contact our Eagle Support Team;
P: (03) 9016 0444 E: [email protected]